Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: OT:Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Hostboard Member xinu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    OT:Any opinions on Clarity caps for N801 crossovers?

    I'm looking for reasonably priced 18uf crossover caps for my 878B Santiagos.

    I'm considering the Clarity PX series because the price is right and I can source them from a supplier in Canada.

    Anyone have any opinions on these for my application?

    px-clarity.jpg

    Thanks,

    Greg
    Last edited by xinu; January 16th, 2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Title fix OT

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member SD-50's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

    Take a look at this site, best one I've come across for cap tests.
    Humble Homemade Hifi - Cap Test

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member xinu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

    Thanks for the link! Very interesting and useful for decision making.

    HumbleHH ranks Duelund caps at the top of their verdict rating. Double digit uFs start at over a grand each based on partsconnexion pricing. I won't be using those.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member SD-50's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2005
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

    Quote Originally Posted by xinu View Post
    Thanks for the link! Very interesting and useful for decision making.

    HumbleHH ranks Duelund caps at the top of their verdict rating. Double digit uFs start at over a grand each based on partsconnexion pricing. I won't be using those.
    Yeah, the Duelands are crazy expensive, waay beyond my limited funds and I'm cheap to boot Good blog on Duelund caps here. The Westminster Royal SE Duelund CAST Crossover Project: Hybrid Silver-Copper CAST Capacitors – Jeff's Place

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member westend9's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

    I've used these Axon caps with good success-AXON True Cap Metallized Polypropylene Capacitors

  6. #6
    Hostboard Member xinu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2017
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Any opinions on Clarity caps for crossovers?

    I wouldn't have found those without the link that WestEnd9 provided. AXONs don't show up on the Partsconnexion film cap drop menu and they're 50% off as well. 4 bucks for an 18uF is excellent value.

    HumbleHH cap test says the AXONs have a 'slight focus on the lower treble range giving it a fat and juicy character'. I'd be interested to hear what 'fat and juicy' sounds like. It can't be bad right? Maybe he was peeling a big ripe orange when listening.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.